As part of Westfield's first-ever Green Energy Week (September 26 - October 2), the Green Team will host the Alternative Energy Fair on Saturday, October 2, at the South Avenue Train Station Lot to help keep residents informed of eco-friendly solutions in the face of climate change. There will be opportunities to learn more about electric vehicles, e-bikes and electric lawn equipment, as well as alternative energy and sustainability programs available in Westfield.
Come view electric vehicles, try out electric bikes and lawn equipment, and learn all about alternative energy programs available in Westfield at the South Avenue Train Station Lot.
To save time at check-in, pre-register for the event online.
Additional activities are expected to include:
- Dance along with local band Save Mary!
- Enjoy food from local restaurants at our outdoor café seating
- Try your hand with electric leaf blowers to get all the leaves in the hockey goal
- Learn about sustainable landscaping from a local small business owner
- Tour electric vehicles from major and specialty dealers
- Talk to local EV owners about the benefits of driving electric
- Take a test ride on an electric bike at our on-site course
- Check out our town’s hybrid patrol car and e-bike
- Visit booths and chat with experts about solar power, safe biking, our new Volta charging stations, and more
The rain date is Saturday, October 9.
This event is part of Westfield Green Energy Week, kicking off Sunday September 26 with the Tour de Westfield.
Want to bring your electric vehicle to share your insights and why you love driving electric? Choose "Connect to EV Owners" when you pre-register online. For answers to other questions, please add them in your registration and the Green Team will respond via email.
National Drive Electric Week is presented by Plug In America, Electric Auto Association, Sierra Club, and EVHybridNoire.