- Downtown Westfield
- Shop • Dine • Play
- Winter Holiday Season
Winter Holiday Season
2022 DOWNTOWN WESTFIELD HOLIDAY EVENTS
FREE SHOPPER PARKING COURTESY OF THE TOWN OF WESTFIELD
NOVEMBER 25 – JANUARY 1, 2023 ● PAY STATION LOTS & ON-STREET METERS
Specific hourly restrictions still apply to all spaces.
BLACK FRIDAY AND SMALL BUSINESS SATURDAY
NOVEMBER 25 & NOVEMBER 26
Free Parking begins on Black Friday so it is easier than ever to shop & dine downtown and support our local businesses
WESTFIELD CHRISTMAS TREE LIGHTING
MONDAY, NOVEMBER 28 ● 5 PM ● NORTH AVENUE TRAIN STATION
A festive evening filled with holiday cheer and community
- 5 PM – 5:30 PM
DJ will be spinning holiday tunes...Cookies....Hanukkah Gelt ....Dreidels!
- 5:30 PM
Santa arrives o the fire gruck to light the Christmas Tree with Mayor Brindle
- 5:30 PM – 6 PM
Take pictures with Santa
FAMILY PICTURES WITH SANTA BY JUST A SOUL PHOTOGRAPHY
SATURDAY, DECEMBER 10 ● 1 PM – 4 PM ● JUST A SOUL PHOTOGRAPHY & PHOTO BOOTH ● 235 E BROAD ST ● SUITE 9 (2nd floor, stairs)
Westfield's own Just A Soul Photography will be offering a photo session with Santa for the whole family. Just A Soul takes special care to make sure every important moment is captured for you to cherish for years to come. Each photo session will receive two 4 x 6 prints, printed on the spot, with the option to purchase more prints and the digital images at an additional fee. Santa's studio will be located at Just A Soul Photo (located at 235 E Broad St, Suite 9, 2nd floor, stairs) and sessions will be $9.99. Advanced reservations are required. Get tickets now!
MENORAH LIGHTING CEREMONY
SUNDAY, DECEMBER 18 ● 4:30 PM ● NORTH AVENUE TRAIN STATION
Join Rabbi Block at the annual Menorah lighting ceremony
WESTFIELD WINTER WONDERLAND ACTIVITIES
SUNDAY, DECEMBER 18 ● 12 PM – 4 PM ● FOUNDATION PARK
- Bouncy House Park
Bring the kids to an exciting Westfield Wonderland Bouncy House event at Foundation Park on South Ave W. A DJ too! Hourly pre-registration is required and tickets will be limited to the first 150 people. SOLD OUT
- Magical Mayhem presented by Acting Out Studios
Acting Out Studios presents Magical Mayhem with Peter Juris. There will be two indoor magic shows located at Acting Out Studios (located at 439 South Ave W across from Foundation Park): 12:00 and 2:30, tickets are $5 each and must be purchased in advance. SOLD OUT
- Family photos with Santa by Just A Soul Photography
Westfield's own Just A Soul Photography will be offering a photo session with Santa for the whole family at Acting Out Studios (located at 439 South Ave W across from Foundation Park). Each photo session is $9.99 and will receive two 4 x 6 prints, printed on the spot, with the option to purchase more prints and the digital images at an additional fee. Advanced reservations are required. SOLD OUT
- December 18 – Menorah Lighting at the North Ave Train Station with Rabbi Block at 4:30 pm ● Check out menorahs in downtown Westfield stores
- December 19 – Hanukkah Book Reading at Memorial Library ● 6:30 pm ● 550 E Broad St
- December 21 – Find, keep, take a picture with the adorable stuffed llama toys ● Downtown Westfield Corporation is having a Hanukkah Llama giveaway to encourage downtown shopping. Cute stuffed Hanukkah Llamas will be hidden in 35 stores around town for customers to find and keep. The first shopper to find the llama in each store will keep the llama. When a customer finds the llama they will be asked to post a picture of the llama to Instagram and tag the store and Downtown Westfield (@downtown_westfield). Anyone who tags Downtown Westfield in their llama post will be entered in a random drawing to win a $50 gift card.
- December 22 – Hanukkah Chalk the Walk ● 1 to 3 pm ● sidewalk on Central Ave near Banana Republic
- December 23 – Hanukkah Harriet ● Dreidel Contest ● 2 – 4 pm ● Kirschenbaum Baking Company at 62 Elm Street.
Dreidel contest featuring dreidel spinning, stacks of gelt and plenty of Hanukkah Hoopla! Pre-registration required. Click here to sign up!
- December 26 – Kwanzaa Chalk the Walk ● 1 to 3 pm ● sidewalk on Central Ave near Banana Republic
- December 28 – Kwanzaa Book Reading at Memorial Library ● 6:30 pm ● 550 E Broad St
HOLIDAY MUSIC AROUND DOWNTOWN AND NEW HOLIDAY ATTRACTIONS
- Enjoy holiday music on December 18 from the Blue Devil Trebles ● 12 noon to 3 pm
Caroling Locations: 1958 Cuban Cuisine, 301 South Ave W, on the corner of South and Boulevard ● 123 Quimby Street, in between Radiant Waxing and Fleet Feet ● 233 E. Broad Street, in front of the old Victoria's Secret
- Instagrammable moments at new holiday attractions downtown