Westfield's Future: Plan It. Live it. Love it.
The Parks and Recreation Strategic Plan is the Town's first-ever simultaneous study of the entire parks system and recreational facilities. When complete, the plan will provide a vision to guide the future development, operations, and programs of the Town's parks, recreation, open space, and trail system.
A key component of the Strategic Plan is hearing from the public and capturing as much input as possible to guide the Town's long-term vision. Thanks to the more than 1,600 participants who casted nearly 40,000 votes and provided 2,400 comments on the Strategic Parks Plan survey. This public input, along with all previous analyses, helped inform the final recommendations and report.
Parks Plan Summary Presentation by Brandstetter Carroll
Take a look at the 02-11-2020 Parks Plan Summary Presentation to Town Council (PDF) provided by Brandstetter Carroll.
Final Draft of the Parks & Recreation Strategic Plan
View the 2019 Final Draft of the Town of Westfield Parks and Recreation Master Plan (PDF) for information about the final strategic plan for Parks and Recreation.
- Chair: Gary Fox, Recreation Commission
- Larry McDermott, Recreation Commission
- Monica Bergin, Recreation Commission
- Ruth Maloney, Recreation Commission
- Jim Gildea, Town Administrator
- Mike Dardia, Ward 2 Councilman
- Mark LoGrippo, Ward 3 Councilman
- Dana Sullivan, Board of Education
- Don Bogardus, Recreation Director, Town of Westfield
- Greg O’Neil, Director of Public Works, Town of Westfield
- Kim Palmieri Mouded, Union County Freeholder