Memorial Pool F.A.Q.
- At this time, there is a waitlist for a 2024 Westfield Memorial Pool Membership. Please click here to be redirected to join the waitlist. If we reach your place on the waitlist, you will be contacted via email. We ask that you please only register for the waitlist once.
2. When will I find out if I was selected off the waitlist?
- You will be contacted via email when you have been selected. No one will be contacted before February 25th, 2024.
3. Do you allow out of town members?
- We do allow out of town members. If you are interested in becoming a member, please join the waitlist.
4. How do I add a member to my pool membership?
- We ask that all household members are added prior to purchasing your membership. In order to add a member, visit your CivicRec account and create a profile for that individual.
5. Who is allowed to be on my family membership?
- Only individuals who live in your household are eligible to be on your family membership.
6. Where do I pick up member ID's?
- Member ID's will be available at the pool on opening day. In the event we are able to mail them, you will be notified.
7. When do I sign up for swim lessons?
You may sign up for our swim lessons through your CivicRec account or in person, starting on April 23, 2024 at 9:00AM.
8. Do you allow guests?
We do allow guest. Member guests are $12 per person, Non-Member guest are $45 per person for anyone age 3 or older. You must be 18 years or older to bring a guest.
9. How can I purchase a guest pass?
You may purchase a guest pass through your CivicRec account starting May 20th, at 10AM or can purchase at the Westfield Memorial Pool on the day of your visit. Guest passes will expire at the end of each summer season.
10. What happens if I purchase a guest pass and the pool closes due to weather?
Guest passes are non-refundable and non-transferrable, unless the pool is closed for the day, and not just on a delay. Please be aware of the forecasted weather in advance.
11. Where do I find updates on pool closures?
Updates on pool closures can be found on our Facebook page, @Westfield Memorial Pool.
12. How do I book a Birthday Party?
You may book a birthday party through your CivicRec account. Birthday Parties can be booked 45 days in advance of the party. After receiving approval, you will receive an email with the next steps. Please allow 48 hours for your request to be reviewed.
13. What happens if it rains during my Birthday Party?
In the event of a pool closure on the day of a Birthday Party, we will offer for you to reschedule during a different day that is available.
14. Do you have life vests available?
We have a limited supply of life vests that can be picked up in the First Aid Room. We ask that you return the life vest at the end of your daily visit.
15. Where do I sign up for Private Swim Lessons?
You may sign up for private swim lessons after the pool opens at the manager’s office.
16. Is there Adult Swim?
Yes, Monday’s and Wednesday’s from 11:00AM-11:45AM.
17. Are blowups allowed in your pool?
Blowups, swimmies and ball playing are not permitted in our pools.
18. Do you have a First Aid Room?
Our first aid room is located under the Main Awning across from the managers office.
19. When are the Swim Meets?
The Swim meet schedule will be released in late May and we will notify pool members as to when they will be.
20. How tall do you have to be to use the slide?
You must be 48” to ride the water slide. All youth patrons must be measured by the manager in the managers office. If you measure above 48”, you will receive a wristband that represents you are above the required height to ride with us. You name will also be on record as having measured over 48" and you will not need to be measured again this summer. We will provide you a new wristband at each of your visits. 21. Can my child enjoy the Main Pool if they are not potty trained?
No. All patrons must be potty trained to use the main pool. Swim diapers are not permitted in the main pool. Children who are not potty trained can enjoy the Kiddie Pool and Splashpad where swim diapers are permitted.
22. Does the Westfield Memorial Pool have Wifi?
Yes, the username and password can be found in the Managers Office.
23. Does the Westfield Memorial Pool allow Alcohol in the facility?
We do not allow alcohol in the facility and have the right to check any cooler that enters the facility. There are no exceptions and may lead to your removal from the premises.
23. Can I bring my own food into the facility?
You may bring food into the facility. If you have food delivered, you may pick it up outside the main gate.
24. Does the WMP open on Memorial Day Weekend?
No. The WMP opens the first Saturday in June.
25. When does the WMP open for the summer?
The WMP will open for the summer on Saturday, June 1.
26. What are your hours of operation?
Opening Day: Saturday, June 1st
June 1st-June 20th
June 21st- September 1st
Weekdays; 10:00AM-8:00PM- Kiddie Pool
Weekdays: 12:00PM-8:00PM- All Pools
10:00AM-8:00PM- All Pools
12:00PM-8:00PM- Slide & Dive
10:00AM-7:30PM- All Pools
12:00PM-7:30PM- Slide & Dive
27. When does the WMP close for the summer?
The WMP will close for the summer on Monday, September 2.
28. Do you offer a veteran’s discount?
Yes. A 10% membership fee discount to veterans and retired military personnel will be available for 2024 members.
29. When will Deep Water Testing be offered?
Deep Water Testing will be offered daily at 12:00PM, 2:00PM, and 4PM. We will offer a deep-water test one day during the pre-season. The date is TBD and will be weather determined. We will notify everyone in early May.
30. What Swim Lesson should I register for?
We offer the following swim lesson classes with the suggested ages:
Fearful Beginner, suggested for ages 3 and up
Little Dippers, 3 & 4 year olds only
Advanced Little Dippers, 4 & 5 year olds only
Beginner, 5 & 6 year olds only
Advanced Beginner, suggested for 6 - 8 year olds
Intermediate, suggested for 7 - 9 year olds
Swimmer, suggested for ages 8 and up
Town of WestfieldRecreation Department